When automating key site transactions, we inevitably stumble into login scenarios. In most cases, users need to be able to access accounts on a platform to get any value out of it. If they suddenly become unable to do so, we need to be informed as quickly as possible.
Social login using your personal Google or Google Gsuite account is a common use case for many login scenarios.
- We start at a site that offers Google as an authentication provider. In this case we use Stack Overflow
- We fetch the login page and click the "Login with Google" button.
- We are redirect to Google.
- We provide the username and password, injected by using environment variables.
- We are redirected back to the starting.
Puppeteer and Playwright also allow us to automate logging in to a Microsoft Live account.
- We start at
- We provide the username and password, injected by using environment variables
- We are redirected to the main account page